Women have trouble with their new shoes that are a bit too tight every now and then. If you feel like your shoes are a little tight, don’t worry, because there are tons of great ways to stretch your shoes. Whether you want to do it yourself or seek professional help, there is always a solution for you. Here are some great tips on how to stretch your shoes.
1. Put on a very thick pair of socks, spray the inside of the shoe with water until it is half wet and then rub in some alcohol solution. After that, wear the shoes for 20 minutes.
2. If your shoes are waterproof or made of natural fabric, try stuffing the insides tightly with damp newspaper or a damp towel. When the newspaper or towel dries, it will expand and help stretch the shoe a bit. Don’t try this method if your shoes are made of leather.
3. This is another good shoe tip for women. Put your shoes in the sun for 20 minutes to soften the materials. After that, put on very thick socks and walk in the shoes for at least 20 minutes. Do some exaggerated movements like walking briskly and extending your feet and toes. This will help loosen the front part a bit.
4. Alternatively, you can also blow a hair dryer on your shoes for about 20-30 seconds so that they heat up (a good method in the absence of sunlight), this will also help soften the material and make it stretch a bit. Next, put on a thick pair of socks and walk and stretch in them for 20 minutes.
5. If your women’s shoes are made of leather, suede, nubuck, or reptile leather, you can purchase a shoe stretcher spray that helps extend shoes. These can be purchased at shoe repair stores or on the Internet. The chemicals in the spray help quickly penetrate the leather of the shoe and loosen the leather fibers for easy stretching. The leather is smoothed and gives you better tightening results when used with a shoe stretcher. Spray the area of the shoe to be stretched, insert the shoe extender, bring the shoe to the new shape and let it dry.
6. Vaseline can also work wonders for stretching your shoes. Put on a pair of thick socks, rub some petroleum jelly on the area you want to stretch and wear the shoes around the house for about 20 minutes. This method will not cause the material to dry out and is less likely to tear.
7. If you want to soften your leather shoes, cut some potatoes and place them in the area you want to tighten or soften. Leave the potatoes overnight and they will give better results. You can also use banana peels instead of potatoes, it works well.
8. Go to a shoe repair shop and ask them to help you stretch your shoes using a shoe stretcher. Or you can also buy a wooden shoe stretcher and stretch your own shoes.
9. For a pair of women’s shoes that need tightening, fill some small airtight bags with water to three-quarters level (zipper bags are best). Wrap the shoes in a tea towel and leave them in the freezer for a few hours, as the water freezes and stretches the shoes. Do not fill the bags to the full water level, or they may burst and crack the shoes when they freeze. Don’t try this with leather shoes either, they will get damaged.